CCHE values broad participation at our events and attempts to create an inclusive environment for all attendees. CCHE works to ensure a smooth registration process and event experience for all participants. If you have questions about your registration, please check to see if you can find an answer here. If you still have questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our Office & Website Administrator, Adrea Beres at firstname.lastname@example.org
CCHE is dedicated to providing exceptional informational and educational programs. If you feel a CCHE event you attended did not deliver on the promised objectives, please contact our Program Director, Kelsey Kennedy at email@example.com or by phone at 218-387-3411.
Advance registration for all events and training (virtual or in-person) is encouraged and preferred so that we can plan with our instructors appropriately. Advanced registration also helps ensure that a class you are looking forward to attending does not get canceled due to low enrollment. If a class fills, you can be added to the waitlist by going to the event registration page.
Registration typically closes at the start of or within the first half-hour of the start of the event. However, some classes may close earlier, so please pay attention to the registration details listed with each event.
While CCHE events generally have onsite registration available, space is not guaranteed without advance registration. If an event reaches maximum capacity, registration will be closed early and noted on the website.
In-Person Covid-19 Policies (updated August 2021)
- Please arrive healthy. If you are sick, please don’t come – contact Kelsey at 952-237-3517 and we will do our best to find an education alternative for you.
- We ask that you take your temperature prior to your arrival and evaluate your recent health: cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, or chills. If you have had any of those symptoms OR have a temperature of 100.4 or greater, we ask that you not attend the class.
- If at any point during the class you start to feel unwell please alert Kelsey at 952-237-3517 and alert the instructor.
- Wearing a mask (covering the mouth and nose):
- MASKS ARE REQUIRED for everyone regardless of vaccination status.
- CCHE is happy to provide a mask if needed.
- Attendees are allowed to eat and drink without wearing a mask.
- If you have concerns please contact us about accommodations at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 952-237-3517.
- We ask that you practice good hand hygiene: wash and sanitize your hands frequently, especially when touching shared tools and resources. We have provided sanitizer throughout the building and in the classroom.
- We have an air purification device running in the classroom during the class and have an air exchanger for the entire building.
- While we will do our best to take all reasonable steps to create a safe learning environment for you, there is an inherent level of risk in participating in a class. If at any point you feel uncomfortable and unable to continue attending the remainder of the class, please let Kelsey know 952-237-3517.
Registration Fees & Payment
CCHE requires payment upon registration for events with registration fees unless special arrangements have been made in advance. A credit or debit card is required to register online. If you need to pay with a check, make it payable to Cook County Higher Education. Checks can be sent by mail to PO Box 57, Grand Marais, MN 55604 or dropped off at 300 W 3rd St, Grand Marais, MN 55604.
Refunds & Cancellations
If your cancellation is at least 24 hours in advance of the class, you will receive a full refund. If your cancellation is less than 24 hours in advance, you will receive a gift certificate to attend a future class. We will do our best to accommodate your needs.
You may transfer your registration to another event. Requests must be made as soon as possible and before the event’s start date to the Office Administrator by email to email@example.com.
You may transfer to an event of equal or lesser value; if you transfer to a more expensive event, you will be charged the price difference.
CCHE strives to ensure that our events are accessible to all individuals. For in person events if you require ASL interpretation, or another accessibility service, please contact us as soon as possible so that we can make arrangements. For virtual events closed captioning is always available, just let us know in advance or at the start of the event and we will turn on closed captioning.
All in-person events held at CCHE’s Building will have space available for nursing and prayer, and all of our restrooms are gender-neutral.
If you have questions or would like to confirm your request has been received, please contact the Office & Website Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 218-387-3411. Although we will attempt to meet all accessibility requests, late requests may not be able to be fulfilled.
CCHE follows the public school district’s inclement weather decisions. If the public school in the district of the event closes, CCHE will cancel the event and issue a refund. An event will be canceled no later than three hours before start time and registrants will be notified by email or text message.
Event Cancellation or Postponement
CCHE reserves the right to cancel an event due to low enrollment, inclement weather, or other circumstances which would make the event unfeasible. Registrants will be offered a full refund.
Events may also be postponed due to unforeseen circumstances. Registrants will be notified via email of the postponement. Registrations will be automatically transferred to the new date, and refunds will be granted if requested.
Photos and Recordings Notice
You agree to be photographed or otherwise recorded for CCHE’s promotional purposes by registering for an event. If you wish to not be photographed or recorded please contact the Program Director, Kelsey Kennedy at email@example.com to discuss further.
CCHE serves food at many of our in-person events and fundraisers. We are more than happy to make accommodations for any food sensitivities, allergies, or preferences you may have. Most of our meals have a vegetarian or vegan option. Please make any dietary requests in advance with your registration or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
CCHE seeks to create an inclusive environment for individuals to participate in our educational events, workshops, and classes. As such, CCHE seeks to increase access to our events by taking into consideration the dates, venues, and food menus for our events.