25 Years of Education Where You Live
Cook County Higher Education (CCHE) is a non-profit organization established in 1996 to address four critical issues facing our rural remote community: extreme isolation, skilled worker shortages, limited career advancement, and lack of higher education opportunities. With the nearest college or university over 100 miles away, CCHE makes it possible for local residents to earn a certificate, diploma, or degree that leads to living-wage employment right here in our community. In the past 10 years, CCHE has expanded its offerings to include college prep, training & development, and lifelong learning opportunities.
Building a sustainable higher education and post-secondary training presence in Cook County, Minnesota that meets the needs of individual students and local organizations.
- Maintain the North Shore Campus as a quality education resource facility for the community.
- Provide student support services that offer a path to opportunity and remove barriers for all interested students.
- Ensure that all members of the community are aware of our services and benefits to both individuals and the community as a whole.
- Provide training and education programs and services that reflect community needs.
- Strengthen organizational and information technology resources of the North Shore Campus in order to deliver high quality access to education for the community.
CCHE provides local access and support for college education and training on the North Shore of Lake Superior.