Learning Swedish with Valorie via Zoom
April 20 @ 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
|Recurring Event (See all)
An event every week that begins at 5:30 pm on Monday, repeating until May 11, 2020
Always wanted to learn Swedish but never had the time?
What happens in Learning Swedish lessons?
1, I take useful chunks of language and give learners opportunities to learn.
2. We do one question interviews
3. We talk about the weather and apply it to our own situations.
4. We work on Swedish digraphs, meaning combinations of letters that are challenging for English speakers to remember.
5. I provide “mingle” mini scripts so that learners can have a framework for conversation.
6. We work on the kinds of social responses and phrases.
7. There are homework options that people can work on in their own time.
8. Have fun and interact with other language learners.
Classes are Mondays April 20, April 27, May 4 and May 11 from 5:30pm-6:30pm
Registration open through April 27th.
FREE – Donations Welcome – Registration Required
Valorie works with many Nordic groups assisting children and adults on their journey to learn more about their culture and heritage through language and culture day camps, concerts, Nordic touring group arrangements, host home opportunities, school residencies, worship services and traditional festivals such as Swedish Midsummer and Norwegian St. Knut’s Day. She is a cultural teacher and brings language and culture day camps to many communities.
Valorie taught her daughters how to weave and introduced them to the Swedish language. Now all of them can perform, teach, or lead Swedish activities, midsummer pole dances, language lessons, songs and games and weaving.
She believes in life-long learning and started several adult Nordic language study circles in East Central Minnesota. Currently she is studying Finnish and Norwegian.