Many people act as caregivers in our community—professionally, as volunteers, as family members.
During the pandemic, we all want to prevent spreading COVID-19 while providing care to others. In this FREE self-paced course, learn how to prevent the spread of infectious diseases as a caregiver, helping to better protect our elders and others at higher risk of complications.
Infection Control Basics for In-home Care Providers during COVID-19
- Identify ways to limit the transmission and spread of COVID-19.
- Determine ways to modify caregiving activities to decrease the risk of transmitting COVID-19.
- Understand the modifications needed to be taken if you or the person you are caring for is positive for COVID-19.
- Determine the appropriate PPE to use in different caregiving situations.
- What is COVID-19
- Limiting the Transmission of COVID-19
- Home Care Activities with COVID-19 in Mind
- What to do if the person you are caring for becomes ill or you become ill.
- The Basics of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)s